Yesterday I got the fields all ready and the wheat all planted. The field was mostly covered in grass, unfortunately not rice stubble as was planned, so I had to cut the grass and move it off the field. My children and I broadcast the seed by hand and then covered it with the grass that we had moved off to the margins of the field.
We planted "Ayahikari" variety wheat, with 30 kilograms of seed for all four fields with the following amounts for each field, moving downhill. 7.8 kilos, 9.5, 9.5, and 3.2.
The most significant threat to the crop will come from wild pigs who may gobble up the seed before it sprouts. Fungus and other disease may be a problem, but nothing really compared to the pig issue.